John Reed Stark is a Contributing Editor of Cybersecurity Docket and the author of Stark on Incident Response.
Stark is the President of John Reed Stark Consulting LLC, a data breach response and digital compliance consulting firm. His experience includes:
- 15 years as an SEC enforcement attorney leading cyber-related projects, investigations and enforcement actions;
- 11 years as Founder and Chief of the SEC Office of Internet Enforcement;
- 15 years as an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University Law School teaching a law and technology course;
- 10 years as a Guest Instructor teaching law enforcement and technology training sessions at the FBI Academy; and
- over five years as Managing Director (three as head of the Washington, D.C. office) of a global digital risk management firm, leading cybersecurity, incident response and digital compliance engagements for corporations and regulated entities.
On his Stark on Incident Response blog, Stark analyzes the latest news and events relating to data breach and incident response, and conducts video interviews with attorneys and other leading professionals in the field.